Railway station

lektor Audio Guide

It was built in 1884, when the first railway line to Orzeszów was put into operation. The station building underwent several alterations, for example when the line from Żory to Pszczyna was built in 1935-38. It is a two-storey building with brick arched cornices above the windows and entrances. On both sides of the main building there are triangularly topped extensions. During the war, the station buildings were partly damaged but after the war they were renovated. After the economic changes in 1989, the deteriorating situation of Polish State Railways led to a slow decline of the Żory junction and the station building. At the moment it is devastated and used only to a very limited extent.

>NAVIGATE
>GALLERY
>ABOUT
zory